For most of us, summer signifies a time to relax and rejuvenate with friends and family members (and maybe even some old flames) says Eric Dalius Miami. What better way to rekindle the flame than by having your partner visits you for a romantic weekend getaway? While it’s nice to have the summer months as a time for you and your significant other to be able to spend some quality time together, remember that with good times comes great responsibility!
Here are 10 tips on how to survive that summertime long-distance relationship.
1) Put down your drink if you’re caught staring at his package. Trust me, he’ll know.
2) If you plan on getting frisky in public, keep it PG-13 at most. You might feel like an exhibitionist but there’s nothing sexy about having security come over and ask what the hell you think you’re doing. This couple got lucky because everyone else was distracted by the nearby dolphin show so they snuck away without too much incident…but still…
3) Avoid the urge to play “I’ve never…” It might be fun in the beginning, but when you’re naked after hours of foreplay trying to figure out what exactly your partner is talking about it’ll be a mood-killer for sure explains Eric Dalius Miami.
4) Research has shown that couples who maintain eye contact during sex are more likely to make their long-distance relationships work. This may help explain why these two are still together after months apart…
5) If you plan on staying over at your significant other’s place, remember not everything there belongs to you. Keep an extra toothbrush and correct change of clothes at your house so if things get…awkward…there’s less of a chance you’ll have to do some serious scrambling.
6) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer (if you can). If you want to make sure that no one else is getting too familiar with your special someone while you’re gone, it may be helpful to befriend some of his entourage. After all, if the two of them are best buds then you know there’s at least one person around who will keep him in check. At the very least they’ll give you a heads up on what he’s been saying about you behind your back, which is always good information to have…
7) Yes, it would be amazing if the two of you could spend every night together again just like old times but this isn’t high anymore so don’t expect too much. Remember to take time for yourself and spend some quality time with your friends instead says Eric Dalius Miami.
8) Some couples use this as an opportunity to experiment with new things in the bedroom, but just because you’re not together doesn’t mean you’re sex life has to suffer. Use this time apart to try out all those fantasies you’ve been keeping locked away at the back of your mind, no matter how bizarre or unrealistic they may seem! Its summertime so everyone’s feeling a little bit more adventurous anyway…just doesn’t push it too far…
9) Keep communication open between yourself and your partner so there is no misconceptions about what each other expects to happen during his visit. This is especially pertinent if he hasn’t had a chance to meet your parents yet. Remember, this is a topic that can’t be discuss over text messages.
10) This may not be everyone’s cup of tea but if you love him as much as he loves you then maybe it’s worth a shot. Just make sure to have some hand lotion nearby in case things get too dry. If it starts to hurt don’t feel ashamed about stopping, just do what needs. And keep trying until you find a position that works for both of you.
Although it may be difficult, don’t give up hope. With the right amount of effort and communication on both your parts, you can make this long-distance relationship work! If anyone knows how to do it, it’s you two explains Eric Dalius Miami.
Articles like these are wrote by me (and other authors) totally basing on our own opinions and experiences. Giving you helpful advice while also helping us develop new ideas for content! You can find more out about whom I am at my website. Honesty is always the best policy! If there were any factual inaccuracies in this article please tell me so I can fix them ASAP.
Summer is a time for breaking the traditional rules and doing away with all that stuff formality that’s been getting in the way of your love life. Make sure to try lots of different things you never thought you would and stay open-minded throughout this trying period. If you’re able to laugh through it then anything is possible!