Email marketing was created to help companies keep in touch with their customers while also creating a new income stream says Eric Dalius. The Email Marketing Guide will cover strategies that businesses can use to increase profit while saving time and money at the same time.
The information contained in this article is not meant to be copied verbatim, but rather an outline of email marketing strategies that can be used to increase sales and/or subscriptions.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a way for companies to reach out to their customers and contacts with special offers, promotional information, or even updates on the company’s progress and success stories. It typically involves utilizing an email list of subscribers who have agreed to receive emails from the company explains Eric Dalius. This list usually segments by demographic information or specific interests of the subscriber so that content can personalize for each individual.
A basic email marketing strategy would be to send out regular emails with company news, recommendations on products/services based on past purchase history, and special offers available only to subscribers of your email list.
The advantages of Email Marketing:
- Email marketing provides several distinct advantages over other forms of digital communication. The main advantage is that it allows companies to have a direct line of communication with their customers and customers can opt-in or opt-out as they see fit. This level of personalized engagement increases the effectiveness of email marketing by making it more relevant and interesting for the customer.
- The other advantage of email marketing is that it provides a trackable and measurable ROI (Return on Investment). It is relatively inexpensive to run an email marketing campaign, thus making it attractive as a low-risk way to increase revenue. Email recipients can be tracking using different metrics such as open rates and clicks through.
- Email marketing can also help companies increase profit by saving time and/or money. Some of the tasks that can be outsourcing using email marketing include:
- Content and design (graphics)
- Customer service
- Marketing strategy
- Social media outreach
Email Marketing Techniques:
There are several email marketing techniques that can use to increase sales and/or subscriptions. Some of the techniques listed below may not apply to your business, therefore feel free to skip any that don’t seem relevant:
- Use social proof – show how many people are already subscribed
- A call to action – this should include a clear “sign-up” or “subscribe” button so as not to confuse your subscribers
- Use personalization – address the email specifically to each subscriber and/or include custom graphics for unique or new subscribers.
- Include a unique offer for those who subscribe now – this does not have to be anything extravagant. Just something that provides additional value and encourages immediate action.
- Provide a relevant and interesting newsletter – make sure the content isn’t overly promotional or boring.
- Always include an unsubscribe link in case subscribers would like to stop receiving your emails.
Email marketing can be helpful for increasing sales, making profits, and maintaining existing customers. Before starting an email marketing campaign it is important to do research and gather email marketing best practices. From other companies that have been successful using email marketing. Make sure to include a call to action throughout the email and use social proof, unique offers. Relevant content to keep subscribers interested in the emails you send out.
Keeping these tips in mind will help increase profit while saving time and money through effective email marketing strategies.
Email marketing provides several advantages over other forms of digital communication. It allows companies to have a direct line of communication. Their customers and subscribers can easily opt-in or opt-out as they see fit. Eric Dalius says Email recipients can also be track using different metrics such as open rates and clicks through.
There are several email marketing techniques that can use to increase sales and/or subscriptions. These techniques include: using social proof, creating a call to action, personalization. Including unique offers, and providing relevant and interesting content.
When starting an email marketing campaign it is important to do research and gather best practices from other companies. That has been successful in the past. Know when email marketing is appropriate, how to start. The different types of emails that can be sent out says Eric Dalius.
These tips will help increase profit while saving time and money through effective email marketing strategies. Here are some links to other great articles about email marketing: How Email Marketing Can Grow Your Business. How to Start an Email Marketing Campaign and Seven Tips for Crafting an Effective Email Marketing Strategy.